Top 10 tips for successful Co-Parenting
Lynette Galvin is our Accredited Family Law Specialist, Family Lawyer,and a step Mother. She has seen lots of co-parenting successes and lots of co-parenting fails ( some of which hers, she says.)
She is therefore qualified to offer her top 10 tips for successful co-parenting as follows:
1. DON’T USE THE KIDS TO RELAY MESSAGES BETWEEN YOU.
2.DO SPEAK DIRECTLY TO YOUR CO-PARENT BUT KEEP IT BUSINESSLIKE AND TO THE POINT
3. NEVER RUBBISH THE OTHER PARENT TO THE KIDS OR IN THEIR HEARING
4. DO BE CONSIDERATE TOWARDS YOUR CO PARENT.
5. DO RESPECT THE CHILDREN’S TIME THEIR OTHER PARENT
6. DO YOUR CRYING IN THE SHOWER
7. DON’T DO ANYTHING THAT WOULD MAKE IT INTOLERABLE FOR YOUR CHILDREN TO HAVE YOU BOTH ATTEND THEIR WEDDINGS.
8. DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT LETTING ANOTHER ADULT’S ANGST AFFECT THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE IN YOUR CO PARENTING ARRANGEMENT WITH YOUR EX.
9. ALWAYS PLAN YOUR TIME WHEN THE KIDS ARE AWAY SO THAT YOU DON’T MOPE .
10. NEVER AIR YOUR GRIEVANCES ON FACEBOOK EVEN IF YOUR EX IS BLOCKED!