Will legal will signing

Time you got your Will sorted?

Legal wills, Lawyer

Aimee South,  lawyer, is experienced in Will making  and Powers of attorney.


No one knows what’s around the corner.
If you die without a legal Will then the law decides how your property is divided amongst your family. Dying without a will may leave your loved ones in limbo or even missing out all together.

If your situation involves step children, de facto partners or ex partners, then you have more reason than most to get your financial ducks in a row before it is too late.

Imagine a scenario where your partner cannot stay in the family home just because you didn’t get around to doing your will.
Or your failure to make a will means your partner doesn’t have enough money to properly provide for your children.

Its important to do a will properly because it is the last thing your will ever say to your family. It tells them you care about what happens to them enough to take steps to have a valid will drawn up.

It is not expensive with the Journey Family Lawyers Wills process. We don’t cater for people who have huge estates and complex needs. But what we do offer is a sensible and uncomplicated process to get you signed up with a valid will as soon as possible after you call us. Call our lawyers today, and they will help you work out your needs. It will then  be prepared quickly and you can either come to an office to sign, or we can send your will to you with signing instructions.

Once it is done, you keep it safe and tell someone where it is. The whole process is quick and easy and costs not much more than a night out.   Call us and let us take care of it for you.

While you are here, why not get us to do an enduring Power of Attorney for you.



Brisbane Family Lawyers representing in Court

Wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney

Do you have a Will? Do you need one when you are separated? Does your old one still work if you have separated?

What happens if you died and the house is in joint names? Do you want your ex-partner to receive the whole property?

What about your Enduring Power of Attorney? Is your ex still the person you would like to see managing you affairs if you were too ill to do so? You may need a new Will as soon as possible.

And if you die, do you want your ex to get your estate and manage your affairs? Chances are, if you have been married and have property, a Will, or an Enduring Power of Attorney with your ex partner named in it, you need to address these matters urgently.

We can sever the joint tenancy so that your house or land does not automatically go to your ex (they don’t have to sign a thing). You should consider a new Will (at least a basic one) and an updated Enduring Power of Attorney.

Also what about your superannuation? It doesn’t go according to your Will every time. All Superannuation Trust deeds are different. Sometimes they are not distributed in accordance with your Will.  You need to contact your Super fund immediately if there is a chance you have named your ex as a beneficiary.

We can help you with this.

It is impossible to imagine every circumstance that readers of this page may face. Your case must be considered individually.

Contact us at Journey Family Lawyers and ask about your circumstances if you have any concerns. We prepare straight forward wills for clients in an easy, 3 step process. It takes about an hour of your time, and you can know your family will be cared for if the worst should happen.