Wills are just as important as insurance or any other boring paperwork we have in our lives. It is so important to have a valid will when you die.
If you are absolutely certain you are not going to die any time soon, then you might not need to read what is below.
For the rest of us, here are some good reasons why you should do a proper will ASAP.
Hidden or forgotten assets are worth making Wills for:
- You might have assets you have forgotten about or that only come into existence on your death
- Even if you think you have no assets worth leaving in a will, you should do one. Many superannuation funds have a death benefit to pay out when you die. While wishes in wills about Superannuation may not always bind the Trustee of the Super fund, it certainly tells them what you want to happen.
Making a will is just part of being a responsible adult:
- An important part of being responsible is the making of a valid will. People who pass away without wills leave their family struggling with legal processes.
Life is a roller coaster:
- Things change all the time in our lives. People get married. People can separate. People have children. These are all great reasons to people to redo their wills if they have one, and to get a will if they don’t.
Your will is your last chance to let them know you love them:
- It allows you to let your family know you were thinking of them. Small specific gifts in your will can mean a lot to your family and friends.
Wills are easy to arrange and not too expensive:
- Wills are not hard to do. Just call us and we will lead you through the process quickly and easily, and when your will is ready, you just pop into one of our offices ( Brisbane City, Strathpine, North Lakes) and sign up and you are done! All for $330.
- So don’t use one of those wills kits you see at the newsagents or on line. If you decide you want a will, then get a proper one with lawyers like us to make sure it is drafted properly and properly signed. Ask yourself this: ” Is it worth the little extra money for my own peace of mind?
- We also do Powers of Attorney that allow you to choose who looks after your affairs if you are sick. This can be done at the same time as the will and included in the cost of your Will.